With the height of the COVID pandemic behind us, Americans are beginning to return to their normal routine, which includes indulging in their favorite creature comforts that were restricted for almost 2 years. What did they miss most? Getting a table at their favorite dining spots, of course!
Despite the struggles of masks and social distancing, Needham still has a long list of incredible restaurants awaiting a visit. And that in itself is something to celebrate. Here are some places that Needham residents are quick to flock to when hungry now that most restrictions have been lifted. We curated this list of the best restaurants in Needham to grab a bite, and there is a little something here for everyone.
1. The James Restaurant won the coveted #1 spot on Restaurantji.com and was voted “Best in Needham,” according to RestaurantGuru. Located near Needham Town Hall, The James is known for its succulent ribs, grilled octopus, and delicious chicken wings. It is also a great spot to grab coffee and dessert with girlfriends or unwind after work with one of their signature cocktails. They even feature live music in the evenings. Coupled with fabulous customer service, The James is a winning recipe for a wonderful dining experience.
2. Sweet Basil is another favorite restaurant in Needham. With spring finally upon us, soak up some sunshine and take advantage of their outdoor seating option. Although they are BYOB, Sweet Basil is known for its fresh Italian fare, including freshly baked bread and fresh mozzarella cheese. Some signature dishes are the eggplant parmesan sandwiches and homemade pasta. Classy yet casual, Sweet Basil is a great venue for special occasions and also is the perfect intimate backdrop for a romantic date night. But make sure to bring a mask because here, they are required. But don't fret if you forget. Curbside pickup is another alternative.
3. The Farmhouse was voted “Best Seafood in Needham,” according to the folks at RestaurantGuru. Their featured dishes include soft shell crab, delectable fish tacos, and freshly prepared daurade, just naming a few. The Farmhouse is known for its style and character, traits that are easily reflected in its menu. Their bar is also well known for a variety of signature cocktails, but the most popular is the delicious cava rosado. French coffee and delicious desserts, like blueberry buns and dame blanche, are also Farmhouse favorites that you won't want to miss. Eclectic decor, fabulous service, and attractive pricing takes this elegant eatery to the next level. Also, make sure to bring the kiddos because The Farmhouse even has its own kids menu.
4. In the mood for a good old fashioned hamburger? Blue On Highland, voted “Best Burgers in Needham,” is where you'll find one. But if a burger isn't the bite you're craving, don't worry. Blue On Highland also serves up a variety of other delicious fares, like Thai salads, lamb kabobs, and the classic BLT. But they didn't forget about their vegetarian friends! Blue On Highland is a popular spot for fresh vegetarian dishes, like their famous cucumber soup. (Bonus: Many options can also be made vegan.) However, many guests stop in to satisfy their sweet tooth, as they are also well known for their desserts; chocolate lava cake and bread pudding being top choices. While the wine list is extensive, Blue On Highland also serves up signature lemonade and lattes. Delightful decor, pleasant vibe, and charming service are the cherry on top of this sweet spot.
5. Looking for cuisine with a kick? Latina's Kitchen and Bar will satisfy your craving. Home to famous Mediterranean dishes, Latina's must try menu items include mouth watering empanadas, house made honey chicken, and delectable sea scallops, all at a moderate price. But it's the blueberry pie, leches flan, and coconut cakes that are the real crowd pleaser. Short on time? Don't sweat it! Latina's Kitchen and Bar offers takeaway service for those wanting to take a taste of Latin home. Make sure to relax with ginger tea or mint lemonade while you wait. Reservations are also available.
Now, while these are just a select few of the many incredible dining options that Needham has to offer, there are many more places to satisfy your cravings. So if you are looking for something a little different, visit RestaurantGuru for a list of more Needham restaurants or contact the friendly team at Luxury Residential Group to keep you in the loop on everything you need to know about Needham and surrounding areas and view current listings in Needham, too. Bon appetit!